Thursday, September 24, 2009

Is Sundition Safe for Me?

The recent inquiries regarding Sundition being safe for use on babies, and the ingredient Parabens, got me thinking . . . is Sundition Safe for Me?

I have to say I think it is, because Sundition does not have Parabens. You are asking, what are Parabens and why am I so excited to tell you that Sundition is Paraben free? Let me tell you...I did some Internet research on the subject, and following is a brief summary of what I found out:

Parabens are a family of chemicals, commonly used as a preservative in cosmetics. They are absorbed directly through the skin, and get into our system very easily. These nasty chemicals act like weak, estrogen-like properties, and have been found in 18 out of 20 breast-tumor samples tested, according to a 2004 study conducted by British researchers at the University of Reading in England.

As a two-time breast cancer survivor, I find this statistic startling. When digging deeper, I discovered that many of the products I use every day contain Parabens, and was somewhat surprised to find that they are not banned in the USA!?! Will they ever be . . . who knows. However, I plan to look for more products that don't contain this potentially, cancer-causing ingredient.


If you would like a list of what's in Sundition, write to me, and I'll happily send you the complete list of ingredients in Sundition sunblock.

In the meantime... keep reading your ingredient lists. Use the Internet to find Paraben-free products too! Believe me, there's a lot of information out there. I'll be happy to send you some links, if you're interested.

3 comments:

  1. Great information! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sunny
    I live in New Zealand and we have the most brutal sunshine in the world (and the highest incidence of melanoma in the world as a result - something to do with the hole in the ozone being directly above our part of the world ... evidently) and am interested in your product but like to know what's in these things before I use them. I read above that there are no parabens - that's a great start - but what IS in it?
    I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Gary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gary!

    First, I hope all is well with you in light of the recent earthquake in your country.
    Thank you for your question! There are no secrets with Sundition, we post the ingredients on the website for all to see! Simply select the sunscreen from the home page at www.sundition.com then select the "ingredients" tab under the product picture.

    I hope this helps.

    Stay safe in the sun!

    Sunny

    ReplyDelete