Sunday, July 12, 2009

Is SUNdition safe for my baby?

Cindy asks a great question and receives a good reply from Bob. I agree with Bob, you should ask a doctor if any sunblock is okay for your baby. I do not know much about babies, I'm not a mom, but do know that special rules apply to babies and sun screen.

To find out if SUNdition is safe overall, I did some Internet research on the product ingredients. I discovered that there are chemicals in the product that provide the viscosity, and chemicals that make this a leave-in conditioner, among others. However, SUNDition also has herbal ingredients, and the other products don't. It has an SPF of 15, which means there are a lot less chemicals than any product that boosts an SPF of 30 or even higher. No matter how high the SPF no sunscreen is going to work if you don't remember to reapply frequently.

I spent an entire sunny day over the July 4th weekend at a waterpark, with my family. We all had our own sunblocks. I was able to continuously re-apply the SUNdition on my face, neck, shoulders, arms and scalp, while walking and keeping up with the group. I never had to stop, and didn't miss any of the fun. Guess who had a sunburn when they got home! They may have used the sun screen with an SPF of 30. Some were quick to point out that I was going to burn with my 15... Ha ha ! None of them re-applied, they were too busy having fun. Poor them.

3 comments:

  1. Any sunscreen over SPF 30 is a waste of money and can do more harm than good, especially if you don't wash it ALL off at the end of the day! Which is harder than you might think if it's waterproof, after all it's designed not to come off in with water for up to 8 hours, YIKES! Think that stuff can clog the pores in your skin too? Thought so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting... what do you know about parabens? Are there any in Sundition?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the label on my bottle of Sundition and there was no Parabens to be found. This stuff is awesome in all accounts!

    ReplyDelete